The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships is coming up on November 3 and 4 and Bourbon and Barns is here to bring you everything you need to know. We'll be covering the history of the event, what to expect during the 2017 Breeders' Cup and more.
Today, let's cover the basics:
- What: Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships. The Breeders' Cup features a collection of races that serves as the capstone of the racing season in every horse racing category.
- When: November 3 (5-8 p.m. ET) and November 4 (1:30-9:00 p.m.). Four races will be held on Saturday and nine races, including the Breeders' Cup Classic, will be held on Sunday.
- Where: Del Mar Thoroughbred Club - next to the Pacific Ocean and about 30 miles north of San Diego
- Who: All the biggest names in horse racing, including horses, trainers, jockeys and even celebrities
- TV: November 3, 5-8 p.m. ET on NBCSN; November 4, 1:30-8:00 p.m. ET on NBCSN; and November 4, 8:00-9:00 p.m. ET on NBC
- Web: www.breederscup.com
Check back each day for more information on the 2017 Breeders' Cup.